9.08.2012

Valiant (New Species, Book 3) by Laurann Dohner

         Yay! Another New Species book! Haha, there will probably be a lot of these and other Laurann Dohner books on this blog, but what can I say? I love hot animal sex... no! Lolz, While that aspect is interesting, and I do get all my sexy skills from all these erotic books I read, I kinda like the stories.

         Tammy has always tried to be prepared for any calamity life might send her way but she never imagined a sexy, lion man-beast in her future. He's huge, got the most exotic, golden cat-eyes she's ever seen, and she's so terrified she's speechless for the first time in her life. He's stalking closer, growling at her, and she's too terrified to even flee.Valiant hates humans.
         But when he gets a whiff of the adorable human female who has invaded his territory, he starts rethinking. Her fear scents of pure, sweet temptation and the closer he gets, the more appealing she becomes. Once he's got his hands on her, he isn't about to let her go. One thought will change his life. MINE! Before Tammy can regain her senses, she's flat on her back in Valiant's bed.
         Now he just has to use every inch of his big, buff body to convince her that she should stay with him forever.Reader Advisory: While this book may be read as a standalone, the background story is best enjoyed when the books in this series are read in sequential order.
Click to view on Amazon: Valiant
         I like Valiant. I really do, but I don't know, this is not one of my favorite New Species books. I think it has to do with me having a hard time picturing what he looks like. I know that is a shallow reason, but truly I can't imagine him. I was already having a hard time picturing the normal New Species but he is supposed to look even less human than they do...
         I like Tammy, I like how she is such a smart ass. I mean I'll be the first to admit that sometimes mouthy, strong female characters get on my nerves, but she was ok. I liked her attitude. I also liked how  she was kidnapped. Meaning, I am not happy she was kidnapped but I was happy that we got to see how the New Species act in captivity. We saw a but of that in Fury, but now we got to see how they are kept after Mercile was busted.
         I love drama, and I think that Laurann Dohner does too. I'm off to write the review about Justice... I liked that book better.

No comments:

Post a Comment