9.08.2012

Beneath a Rising Moon by Keri Arthur

         Now, this is a newer book that was on my list for a while. I had just been waiting for it to come out. It was so frustrating, my memory is totally shot so I kept forgetting the date it was released and it seemed like every other day I was like, "Today is the day! It's coming out!" Then I would look and it would be another month, or another two weeks. But! (obviously) it finally came out and I finished it that night (much to the displeasure of my poor eyes, they hate me for reading so much).
         There’s no turning back for Neva Grant. To find a killer, she must seduce the boldest male in the Sinclair pack. Her twin sister lies in a hospital bed, fighting for her life, the fourth and only surviving victim of a vicious attacker. The werewolf rangers suspect the Sinclair pack, and the only way Neva can infiltrate their close-knit ranks is to unleash the wildness within and offer herself to Duncan Sinclair.
 
          Duncan’s appetite for women is legendary on the reservation. But when this new woman stirs his hunger, he finds his desire for her goes deeper than anything he’s ever felt before. When he realizes that she’s playing a game and he’s taken the bait, he is determined to push her to the breaking point. As Duncan and Neva engage in a dangerous dance, they must somehow find a way to join forces—before a cornered killer bites back.
Click to view on Amazon: Beneath a Rising Moon
         I liked this book :) Man.... Duncan.... He's kinda a jerk, but what is it about girls liking jerks.. I dont know. But he was a jerk for a reason, though he jumped to the conclusion that the killer sent Neva much too quickly for me, but he eventually saw the light and realized she was one of the good guys. I think him being jerky added to their relationship though... My boyfriend always tells me that I like being sad, and it made me so sad how he was just so nasty to her. But then when he realizes they are soul mates. Ah, how sweet that was, and he had that moment of insecurity that I'm sure a guy like Duncan never feels.

         Now, Neva. I liked her, and how she was willing to do anything to find the person who attacked her sister, but seriously, she needed to stop being to stubborn and naive. made me want to punch a wall sometimes. If you know that the moon makes you lusty (have felt this way your whole life) and you know that its normal to have sex (have even done it before) and you know there are such things as soul mates and (!) you are willing to do anything to help your sister... stop being a baby and complaining about it, I mean seriously. She goes on and on about how her parents taught her differently, but then she admitted that she had slept with men before during the rising moon. I don't know. Maybe I am a person who accepts things very easily. Like if I had to have mad sex with Duncan for a week to help find a killer I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be like ok lets do this! And then look for clues.

         Ok, another thing I don't like, but I do understand, is her attachment to her family. They are hypocritical assholes, but they are her family and I don't have to be a werewolf to understand that. BUT! Oh my goodness, come on! Her mom got crazy drunk and killed a bunch of people when she was young, yet she is too high and mighty to forgive Duncan for drinking and being a ladies man? and her dad was happier to see her suffer without her soul mate than to see her happy with Duncan. I'm sorry, I love my family, but I would totally ditch them if they treated  me like that. And she was so worried that if she left she wouldn't see her sister. Um... they are twins, right? They can read each others minds, right? Her sister is the crazy rebellious twin, right? Ugh seriously, obviously this girl doesn't know her twin that well. OBVIOUSLY her twin would stand by her!!

         And that skanky bitch? What was her name..... Oh Betise! That ho! Ok, sorry, let me explain.... I think the thing I hate most in the world are skanky hos that try to steal other women's men. I mean it doesn't even matter if the guy isn't interested... the fact that they think its possible makes me want to break things. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! And this woman Betise seemed to think she was entitled to Duncan, ugh!!! And then she thought she could bond with him or whatevs... Oh my goodness I was foaming at the mouth reading that. I would go postal if someone tried that with my boyfriend. That said... as much as I hate women like this I do LOVE having them in stories. They always get me so worked up and so into the story, and I am always so satisfied when their reckoning comes. Now, in this one, oh man, when Neva attacked her, jeez I was so happy. But I wanted her humiliated and punished and making her brain dead, I felt, kinda stole my evil pleasure, it seemed a bit anticlimactic.

         But I did like this book, I love paranormal romance and I'll def have more of it on here. Read this and tell me what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment